One of our favorite vegetable is cauliflower. It belongs to the same family of vegetables (Cruciferae) as broccoli, and contains many of the same powerful phyto-nutrients that promotes vibrant health.
What's even better is that when cauliflower is fermented, all of its amazing nutrients mentioned above are amplified and become easier for us to absorb because of the probiotics developed during fermentation.
1-1/2 Tablespoons Omnivore Salt
2-1/4 cups filtered water
12 oz. cauliflower florets (trimmed weight)
1/3 cup small (nonpareil) capers*, rinsed
2 sprigs fresh dill
3 - 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
1. Dissolve the Omnivore Salt in water. Set aside.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Pack mixture into a quart-size, wide mouth mason jar and secure your Kraut Source unit on according to directions.
4. Place in a cool spot in your kitchen, away from direct sunlight, and allow to ferment for 7 - 10 days.
5. When ready, remove Kraut Source parts, place on the standard mason jar lid and ring. Store in the fridge.
* Did you know that capers are pickled flower buds? They are picked from a shrub-like bush (Capparis spinosa), and has been a culinary
delicacy since the time of the ancient Greeks and Romans. Because the buds are so small, they must be picked by hand. After being picked, capers are sorted by size and then dried, put in brine or salted. The smallest, known as nonpareil, are the tastiest and most desirable.