For all those who prefer a cozy night in, whether is be just the two of your or a gathering of friends to celebrate Valentine's Day, we have a delicious appetizers to kick off your evening!
CLAMS Di ANGELO.......
- 4 slices bacon (or about 4 ounces of pancetta)
- 2 medium shallots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Limone
- 1/2 cup of Omnivore Classic and/or Ginger
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed, shucked, left on the half shell
- 1–2 cups coarse kosher salt, for the the clams to sit on
- prehea ovent to 450°F.
- Place clams in a large skillet with 1 cup water over medium high heat covere until they open. Check on them an remove the ones that are opene while continuing to steam the ones that need a bit more time.
- Cook bacon or pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp, 5–7 minutes. Transfer to paper towels, reserving fat in skillet. Let cool, then break into 1/2" pieces.
- Purée shallots and bell pepper in a food processor until finely chopped. Add shallot mixture to bacon fat; season with 1/4 tsp. Limone. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and cook, stirring, until liquid is evaporated and mixture begins to look dry, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss panko or bread crumbs with oil and parsley, in a small bowl; season lightly with the remaining 1/4 tsp. of Limone. Spread a layer of the kosher salt on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange clams over to keep steady. Top each clam with a level 1/2 tsp. shallot mixture (you may have extra), then top with bacon and breadcrumb mixture. Roast until breadcrumbs are lightly toasted and clams are just cooked through, 6–8 minutes. Top with Omnivore Vulcano classic and or Ginger for a little heat and an extra kick of flavor!