One of the most frequent question customers ask is: What is the best way to cook with Sicilia?
Here you have 7 tips on how to cook with our concentrated condiment, posted by our friends from Garibaldi Goods.
The consistency of thin tomato paste, this sauce is a reduced blend of tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, fennel, spices, and chile. It's got a kick to it -- as much a flavor enhancer as a stand-alone condiment. Use it anywhere you might need an extra boost of umami or an echo of heat.
The savory-sweetness of balsamic vinegar, and fruity tomatoes reflects the agrodolce flavor profile present in so many Sicilian dishes. Chili and garlic make it adaptable to almost and cuisine and it can be thinned with the addition of olive oil. We find new uses for it every day, and while a little goes a long way we tend to throw it into almost everything. Here are our 10 favorite ways to use Omnivore Sicilia:
- Sautéed into soffritto as a base for braises, soups, and hearty bean stews
- Brushed over pie dough, layered with sliced vegetables in a savory galette
- Tossed with cubes of tofu and eggplant before grilling
- Spooned over fried eggs and avocado toast
- Stirred into homemade tomato sauce
- Slathered over poultry and steak before roasting
- Folded into Greek yogurt as a dip for fresh vegetables
- Layered into a muffaletta, with olive tapenade, meat, cheese and veg
- Whisk with olive oil and red wine vinegar in a spicy vinaigrette